Sweet Potato Gratin
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Instead of just serving the same ol' sweet potato casserole this year, how about adding another sweet potato casserole to the menu, like this savory and flavor-packed Sweet Potato Gratin? This simple and creamy version will soon become a family-favorite!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in half, then thinly sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; saute onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until translucent. Stir in cream, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until hot.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and cream sauce; mix well. Pour into casserole dish and cover.
- Bake 30 minutes, then uncover, stir potatoes, and continue cooking 25 to 30 additional minutes, or until fork-tender and bubbly.
Do you know the difference between sweet potatoes and yams? Click here to find out!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 345
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 62 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.0g 8 %
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 255mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.6g 23 %
- Sugars 8.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.