Tuna Rice Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone loves tuna, so we're always looking for new ways to make it special. We sure found it with our Tuna Rice Casserole, a no-fuss dish of tender rice and crispy French-fried onions.
What You'll Need
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain parboiled white rice (see Note)
- 1 (2.8-ounce) can French-fried onions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish, combine soup, milk, water, butter, and pepper; mix well. Stir in tuna, peas, and rice then cover.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove cover and top with French-fried onions (see Note); bake 5 to 7 more minutes, or until onions are golden and casserole is bubbly.
- Long-grain parboiled white rice is also known as converted rice. Depending on the type of rice you use, cooking times may vary. Be sure your rice is tender before topping casserole with the French-fried onions.
- If you like this recipe, then you'll want to check out our complete collection of Homestyle Tuna Casserole Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!