Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
This creamy chicken casserole is a weeknight winner!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Simple and satisfying, our Unforgettable Chicken Casserole has that cozy-comfort taste and texture that will make for a memorable meal. Using readily available ingredients, in just 30 minutes oven time, you'll have a chicken casserole recipe that'll stick in everyone's mind!
This delicious creamy chicken casserole recipe is a favorite for several reasons. First of all, it tastes amazing! With plenty of cheese and rich ingredients like mayo and sour cream, this casserole recipe is indulgent in all the best ways. Second, it's a perfect recipe to feed a hungry family. It makes plenty of servings, and leftovers taste great (if there are any). This is one of those meals that will make leftover night something that everyone actually looks forward to!
Enjoy this cheesy chicken casserole with your family this week. You'll be happy you did!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (6-ounce) can French-fried onion rings
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, celery, cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, water chestnuts, soup, and almonds. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle onion rings evenly over top and bake 5 more minutes, or until bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Just a Suggestion!
- We suggest serving this comforting recipe with a side of deliciously flavored corn or broccoli to make a full dinner!
- Store leftovers of this cream of chicken casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 4 days. Follow Mr. Food's leftover food storage tips for more food safety information and smart ideas!
- If you like this Unforgettable Chicken Casserole recipe, you're gonna love our collection of Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes!
- And for even more easy dinner recipes, check out our collection of Best Casserole Recipes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 523
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38g 59 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 67 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 23g 47 %
- Cholesterol 92mg 31 %
- Sodium 813mg 34 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!