The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Impressive Chicken Pot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
What makes this chicken pot pie recipe so impressive? The fact that it's made from scratch! Our Impressive Chicken Pot Pie is downright tasty, and it will look absolutely beautiful on your kitchen table. This creamy chicken pot pie is going to impress everyone lucky enough to be invited over for dinner on the night you serve it!
What You'll Need
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated, rolled pie crusts
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll one pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate; set aside.
- In a deep skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 stick butter; cook carrots and celery 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms and peas and continue to cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove vegetables to a small dish; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1/2 stick butter in same skillet; whisk in flour and cook 1 minute or until golden, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cooked chicken, onion powder, salt, pepper, and reserved vegetables.
- Pour chicken filling into crust. Unroll second pie crust and place over chicken mixture. Pinch edges together and flute.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly hot. Enjoy!
Check This Out!
- For more tasty chicken dinners, try our Quick & Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes!
- Our Easy Chicken Pot Pie is a thing of beauty, and our Mini Chicken Pot Pies are perfect for the kids.
- For something extra special, make Grandma's Gourmet Chicken Pot Pie! And for a lighter version of this dish, try our Old-Fashioned Chicken & Dumplings!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
These recipes bring comfort to the kitchen!
Dec 17, 2018
too many ingredients for me to mess with although it sounds good!!!
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Herb Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce
Instead of cooking ham or prime rib for Easter, why not try something new this year? Our Herb-Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce may look and sound fancy, but it's really easy to do. It's basically a rack of lamb that's coated with herbs and spices before it's roasted to perfection. Just before serving, it's finished off with a mint-wine reduction. The end result is an Easter-worthy main dish that'll impress everyone at the table.