New York Deli Style Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One of the most famous New York-style cheesecakes is from Lindy's Restaurant. People flock from all over to taste bite after creamy bite of their luscious cheesecake. Lucky for us, we can sample this similar version without leaving our kitchens.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- Grated peel of 1 lemon, divided
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, the butter, 1 egg yolk, and grated peel of half a lemon; mix well and press into bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining grated peel of half a lemon until smooth. Add remaining 1-1/4 cups sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and egg yolk, the whole eggs, milk, and salt; beat until smooth then pour into crust.
- Bake 15 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degree F. and bake 55 to 60 more minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool 1 hour. Cover and chill overnight before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 426
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29g 45 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 83 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 6.7g 13 %
- Cholesterol 160mg 53 %
- Sodium 320mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ben's Chili Bowl has been a landmark restaurant in Washington D.C. since 1958. The restaurant first became famous for its homemade chili dogs. After getting tasting one, we knew we had to recreate this chili in our Test Kitchen. Our recipe for Ben's Chili Dog is the next best thing to the real version, and your family is going to devour it.