Santa's Favorite Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
We all know Santa loves his cookies, but did you know that he's also a big fan of peppermint? That's why we came up with this recipe for Santa's Favorite Cheesecake! It's a cheesecake that'll have have everyone saying, "Ho, Ho, Ho!"
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- 5 drops red food color
- 5 drops green food color
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, and butter; mix well. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan to form a crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cream cheese and remaining 1 cup sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup batter and pour remaining batter over prepared crust.
- Divide 1/2 cup batter into 2 small bowls and add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract to each bowl. Add red food color to one bowl and green food color to other bowl; mix each one well.
- Spoon each colored batter onto white batter in dollops. Using a knife, swirl batters together to create a marbled effect.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until almost set in center. Allow to cool completely then cover and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Complete the holiday theme by garnishing each slice of cheesecake with a blizzard of whipped cream and a miniature candy cane.