All-in-One Southern Dinner
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What do you get when you take a bunch of your favorite Southern foods and serve 'em all together? You get an All-in-One Southern Dinner of course! This Southern-inspired dinner recipe has it all - cornbread, chicken, mixed veggies, and gravy!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) cornbread or cornbread muffins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 pound frozen breaded chicken tenderloins, baked according to package directions
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (24-ounce) jar chicken gravy
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse cornbread into fine crumbs. Place crumbs in a large bowl; add butter and mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons crumbs. Press remaining crumbs into baking dish to form crust. Bake 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Add vegetables and gravy to chicken; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Check This Out!
- If you're looking for another Southern dinner recipe, check out our recipe for Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks or our Catfish 'n' Biscuits.
- We've got more dinner casseroles you're going to love. Make our Classic Scalloped Chicken, or our Amish Country Casserole.
- Looking for a Southern dessert recipe? Try our Southern-Style Peach Pie or our Butter Pecan Cake!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 617
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 9.6g 48 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 22g 44 %
- Cholesterol 80mg 27 %
- Sodium 1,527mg 64 %
- Total Carbohydrates 70g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.0g 32 %
- Sugars 5.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!