Apricot Yam Chicken Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Yams are as Deep South as you can get and when they're roasted with chicken and glazed with the sweetness of apricots and their nectar, you're in for a treat! Our Apricot Yam Chicken Bake makes a great change-of-pace dinner dish.
What You'll Need
- 2 (15-ounce) cans yams, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) package dried apricots
- 1 (5.5-ounce) can apricot nectar
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup light brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In the prepared baking dish, combine the yams, apricots, and nectar; mix well.
- Evenly sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place over yam mixture. Top with brown sugar and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken and its juices run clear, basting twice during cooking.
You can also make this with dried mixed fruit for a little additional color and flavor. Either way, it sure is good!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!