Arroz con Pollo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Arroz con Pollo may be Spanish for "chicken with rice," but it really means so much more because of the extra touches we add. And, skin on or skin off, this tender chicken is going to bring loads of smiles to your dinner table!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
What to Do
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic storage bag. Add chicken, and shake until thoroughly coated.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and celery, and cook 15 minutes, turning chicken occasionally to brown evenly.
- Add water, tomato sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Add rice, and stir until completely coated in sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Add peas, cover, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until peas are heated through.
If you have the time, remove the skin from the chicken to reduce the amount of fat.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!