Asiago Crusted Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We made this baked chicken even better by adding an Asiago cheese crust! Asiago Crusted Chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. We love how the Asiago cheese adds a sweet and nutty flavor that complements the homemade mushroom and tomato sauce just perfectly. This one is so good, it tastes like something you might order at a nice restaurant!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, slightly pounded
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, Asiago cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, beat egg.
- Dip chicken in egg, then in bread crumb mixture, coating completely. Place on prepared baking sheet;lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic powder, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until tomatoes have broken down and formed a sauce. Serve over chicken.
Just a Suggestion!
- How about starting your meal with a bowl of piping hot soup? Serve up our Pasta e Fagioli, but instead of Parmesan, try sprinkling it with some Asiago cheese!
- Did You Know?: Asiago cheese is an Italian cheese that's made from cow's milk. It's often compared to Romano and Parmesan cheese because of their similarities - all three are white and crumbly cheeses. For another great recipe that calls for Asiago cheese, check out our Asiago Veal Rolls.
- For more amazing chicken recipes, try our Chicken Fettuccine Casserole, our Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas, or our Copycat Olive Garden Peach Moscato Chicken!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have you ever thought of using your slow cooker to make baked ham? Well, it's about time you do. Our Slow-Cooked Orange Glazed Ham is an easy-to-follow recipe with superb results. Plus, your slow cooker does all the cooking, so you can go about fixin' up the rest of the meal with no worries.