Bacon Roasted Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How do you take an ordinary roasted chicken recipe and turn it into something extraordinary that's going to get lots of oohs and aahs? Easy - you top it with lots of bacon! Our Bacon Roasted Chicken is sure to be a hit with everyone, 'cause it's so moist, flavorful, and, well...there's bacon involved!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 8 strips raw bacon
- 1 cup chicken broth
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub mixture over entire chicken and place in roasting pan. Place onion in cavity of chicken.
- Lay 4 strips of bacon on top of the chicken on a diagonal. Lay the remaining bacon strips in the opposite direction, creating a basket weave effect. Pour chicken broth into roasting pan; do not pour over chicken.
- Bake chicken 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours, or until juices run clear or a meat thermometer inserted in thigh reaches 180 degrees F., basting occasionally with broth.
Serve with our Iceberg Wedges -- what a hit this meal will be!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 831
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63g 97 %
- Saturated Fat 20g 100 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 60g 120 %
- Cholesterol 257mg 86 %
- Sodium 833mg 35 %
- Total Carbohydrates 2.2g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 1.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.