We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Money-saving chicken thighs are the key to this twist on traditional Chinese pork spareribs. This dish, made with boneless skinless chicken thighs, tastes amazing and comes together fast, so it's the best of the best when it comes to dinner! This is a homemade Chinese takeout recipes with something for everyone.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and brown on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup water, the soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, and ginger; stir into chicken.
- Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water. Stir into chicken and cook until sauce has thickened. Serve immediately.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!