We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now you can get the great flavor or restaurant spareribs at home, with chicken. What an exciting change of pace.
What You'll Need
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil until moderately hot. Add chicken and lightly brown on all sides for about 6 to 7 minutes, turning frequently.
- In a large bowl, combine the 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, light brown sugar, apple juice, ketchup, cider vinegar, garlic, red pepper and ginger; add to chicken. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, blend cornstarch and remaining 1 tablespoon water.
- Add to chicken and cook, stirring until sauce thicken and glazes chicken pieces.
Serve warm as an appetizer or as a main course over hot cooked rice. Garnish with sliced scallions, if desired. For a change, you can even use chicken wings instead of thighs.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.