Chicken and Broccoli Cheese Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's all right here - your favorite Cheddar cheese soup studded with chunks of chicken and broccoli. Mmm, mmm!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 11 cups water
- 3 chicken-flavored bouillon cubes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli, trimmed and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, mixing constantly until a thick paste is formed. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.
- In the same pot, combine water, bouillon, chicken, broccoli, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 45 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Stir in flour mixture a little at a time until soup is thickened. Simmer 5 minutes then reduce heat to low and slowly stir in heavy cream, mixing well. Add cheese 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Serve immediately.