Chicken and Rice Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
To give this recipe that fresh garden taste, we like to add sliced fresh mushrooms and maybe some fresh basil, rosemary, or dill. It's an easy, make-ahead meal, so there's no fussing at dinnertime.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (3- to 4- pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (1.25-ounce) envelope dried onion soup mix
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix mushroom soup, water, rice, and parsley. Pour into roasting pan or large casserole dish. Place chicken pieces on top. Sprinkle onion soup mix over chicken.
Cover and bake about 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is done.
Looking for more of our best rice recipes? Then be sure to check out our collection of Simple Rice Recipes: 29 Chicken and Rice Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, and More.