The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Tortellini with Chicken and Pesto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Whip up something tasty with our recipe for Tortellini with Chicken and Pesto. You'll love how the cheesy tortellini and chicken come together with a delicious homemade pesto sauce. This fresh-tasting dish is great for a potluck or family dinner. Plus, it's ready in less than 15 minutes!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 pounds cooked chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
What to Do
- In a blender or food processor, combine, basil, oil, Parmesan cheese, nuts, garlic, and salt; blend until smooth and set pesto aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook tortellini 6 to 7 minutes or until soft; drain and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, place tortellini, chicken, and roasted pepper. Pour 3/4 cup pesto over tortellini mixture and toss gently until evenly coated.
Refrigerate any leftover pesto for later use. And if you prefer to use store-bought pesto, go ahead. Any kind will work!
May 15, 2012
I cannot find the recipe for the pesto sauce!!!! I have looked all over and I keep getting weird sites but no recipe for pesto sauce. Since I've never made it, i really would like it. Help!
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs
The taste bud tingling flavor of horseradish adds a zesty flair to our Bacon and Horseradish Deviled Eggs. This party-pleaser has the added flavor of smoky bacon bits sure to delight your hungry guests.