Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chicken and Rice is a tasty duo in our kitchen that we can always count on...and now it's tastier than ever.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain parboiled white rice (See Note)
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole chicken leg-thigh quarters, cut in half and skin removed (See Note)
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine soup, water, rice, mushrooms, scallions, and pepper; mix well. Place chicken over soup mixture and sprinkle with soup mix.
- Cover and bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
Long-grain parboiled white rice, also known as Converted rice, can usually be found in the supermarket rice section. A whole cut-up chicken, chicken thighs, legs, or even chicken breast can be used here...whatever is your favorite part.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have you ever thought of using your slow cooker to make baked ham? Well, it's about time you do. Our Slow-Cooked Orange Glazed Ham is an easy-to-follow recipe with superb results. Plus, your slow cooker does all the cooking, so you can go about fixin' up the rest of the meal with no worries.