Classic Chicken Fricassee
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-pound) chicken, cut into tenths (each breast cut in half)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
What to Do
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish and coat chicken evenly on all sides.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and heat oil until hot; brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken from Dutch oven.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in Dutch oven; add carrots, celery, and onion, and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth, thyme, garlic powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to Dutch oven, add mushrooms, cover, and simmer over low heat 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 687
- Calories from Fat 471
- Total Fat 52g 80 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 86 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 42g 85 %
- Cholesterol 196mg 65 %
- Sodium 961mg 40 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 3.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.