We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you ever tried using stuffing as...breading? It's not as strange as you think. In fact, starting with stuffing makes our Crispy-Coat Chicken even crispier than using bread crumbs. Give this moist and crunchy coated chicken a try tonight!
What You'll Need
- 1 (7-ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing, finely crushed
- 1 (0.7 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 chicken (about 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray
- In a shallow dish, combine stuffing crumbs, Italian dressing mix, and sage; set aside.
- In another shallow dish, whisk eggs. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then dip in the egg. Roll chicken in crumb mixture until evenly coated on all sides, then place on baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
For flavor variations, add these ingredients to the stuffing crumbs:
- Asian: 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- Cajun: 2 teaspoons paprika, 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Italian: 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
And for a great go-along, team this with a side of our Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which makes it a great time to encourage everyone you love to get screened and spread the word. Another way to help is to raise money towards breast cancer research by hosting a bake sale. Our Pink Velvet Truffles are a rich-tasting treat that they'll love!
- Weeknight Chicken Milanese
- Greek Isles "Roasted" Chicken
- Copycat Olive Garden Peach Moscato Chicken
- Chicken & Veggie Shepherd's Pie
- Stuffed Chicken Rollups
- Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken
- Penny-Pinching Teriyaki Chicken
- Chicken Taco Salad Bowl
- Copycat P.F. Chang's Chicken Kung Pao
- Sassy Chicken Street Tacos