We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you ever tried using stuffing as...breading? It's not as strange as you think. In fact, starting with stuffing makes our Crispy-Coat Chicken even crispier than using bread crumbs. Give this moist and crunchy coated chicken a try tonight!
What You'll Need
- 1 (7-ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing, finely crushed
- 1 (0.7 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 chicken (about 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray
- In a shallow dish, combine stuffing crumbs, Italian dressing mix, and sage; set aside.
- In another shallow dish, whisk eggs. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then dip in the egg. Roll chicken in crumb mixture until evenly coated on all sides, then place on baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
For flavor variations, add these ingredients to the stuffing crumbs:
- Asian: 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- Cajun: 2 teaspoons paprika, 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Italian: 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
And for a great go-along, team this with a side of our Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)