Dining Room Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a dish that's worthy of being served in a fancy dining room! Our Dining Room Chicken recipe looks and tastes like it was made in a restaurant, but is actually easy enough to whip up anytime. Your guests won't believe you made it yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 chicken (3 to 4 pounds), quartered
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (17-ounce) can apricot halves in syrup, drained, chopped, and divided, with syrup reserved
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray. Evenly sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Rub mixture over chicken then place chicken in pan; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining brown sugar, the cornstarch, cranberry sauce, half the apricots, and the reserved syrup; mix well.
- Uncover chicken and pour cranberry mixture over it; return chicken to oven and bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 additional minutes, or until juices run clear. Place chicken on a serving platter and garnish with remaining apricot pieces.
- These leftovers make a great special fruity chicken salad. Just cut the chicken into chunks and toss with mayonnaise.
- To make sure your gang enjoys every last bit of this delicious sauce, be sure to serve this with our Festive Rice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.