"Don't Peek" Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hey you, no peeking! There's a reason why we call this chicken casserole "Don't Peek" Chicken! It's 'cause the secret to this recipe, unlike other chicken dishes, is keeping the foil on tight; the foil ensures that all those yummy, classic chicken dinner flavors spread throughout the dish. So, resist the urge to glance in! You'll be thanking us later, for one of the best chicken recipes you've ever had!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (from a 2-ounce box)
- 1 soup can cold water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- Paprika for sprinkling
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together rice, soups, soup mix, water, garlic, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press chicken into mixture. Sprinkle with paprika, then cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours. Do NOT open cover (not even to peek!) during baking.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley before serving for an impressive finishing touch.
- This is great made ahead and rewarmed in the oven or microwave. For a different taste treat, why not try adding some carrot or celery chunks or using flavored rice? And remember, bottled garlic is a wonderful time-saver.
- If you're looking for more great weeknight dinners like this "Don't Peek" Chicken, check out our free eCookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook.
- Plus, if you're looking for some excellent sides, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Tasty, Easy Vegetable Recipes: 35 Vegetable Side Dishes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!