Drumstick Crown Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 drumsticks and 3/4 cup stuffing per serving
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
The flavors in this dish are fit for a king! Delicious chicken drumsticks, set regally overtop of perfect stuffing, mean that this easy chicken recipe is going to be the talk of the town. It's the perfect dinner recipe for entertaining at a special event, or for when you want to make your family feel like royalty.
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) package crumbled herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (8-ounce) package cubed herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 chicken drumsticks (about 4 pounds)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 4-quart oval baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery; saute 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine sauteed vegetables, stuffing mixes, and chicken broth. Stir until all stuffing is moistened; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix well. Add drumsticks and toss until evenly coated.
- Spoon prepared stuffing mixture into a ball in center of oval baking dish. Stand drumsticks thick-side down around stuffing. Tie string around drumsticks to hold in place.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
Check This Out!
- Our French Glazed Chicken is the perfect recipe to make for company! Plus, make our Engagement Chicken to make a real statement at the dinner table.
- Make our Crown Roast of Lamb for something fancy.
- This recipe is fit for a king! How about the King of rock 'n' roll? Elvis would love our take on King's Wings, and The King's Cake.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.