We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Drink in the exciting flavor when you add a bit of tropical tasting rum to our "Drunken" Chicken recipe. This lively easy main dish meal suits a weeknight as well as company!
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-½ pounds), flattened to ½-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cream of coconut
What to Do
Place chicken in a single layer in a 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine rum, nutmeg, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, and ginger. Mix well and pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Remove chicken from marinade reserving excess marinade, and saute chicken until cooked through and golden. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and reserved marinade to skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cream of coconut. Cook sauce over low heat 5 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened; serve over chicken.
Feel free to substitute 1 to 2 tablespoons of rum extract for the rum.
We like to serve this with a side of wild rice.
Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
- This recipe was also one of our Top 10 TV Recipes of 2012! Check out the rest here.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 378
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 76 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.2g 6 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 335mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 3 %
- Sugars 43g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!