Easy Butter Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- about 6-ounces chicken and 1/2 cup rice
- COOK TIME
- 42 Min
If you like meals that are bursting with flavor, then you're going to love this Indian-inspired dish. Our Easy Butter Chicken is going to excite your taste buds. Every bite is full of creamy, comforting goodness. This is a great change-of-pace chicken dinner!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, divided
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons garam masala, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups cooked white rice, warmed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add onion and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and continue to cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until onions are golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, melt remaining 1 stick butter. Add tomato sauce, heavy cream, 2 teaspoons garam masala, the turmeric, salt, and cayenne pepper; bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low, and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with oil and remaining 1 teaspoon garam masala, and place on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Stir onion and chicken into sauce mixture and simmer 5 minutes. Serve butter chicken over hot rice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.