Grilled BBQ Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the weather's warm, it's time to break out our best grilled chicken recipes and we know you're gonna love this one! Instead of using a traditional barbecue sauce right out of the bottle, how about adding some duck sauce and a few pantry staples to make it extra lip-smacking good? Try it for yourself and see what you think. It might just go do down in your summertime recipe hall of fame.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup duck sauce or sweet and sour sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Evenly sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Place on baking sheet. Roast 50 to 60 minutes or until no pink remains. You can do this ahead of time and keep it refrigerated until you're ready to grill it.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine ketchup, duck sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, onion, steak sauce, and mustard; mix well. Brush top of chicken with sauce mixture and place on grill sauce side down. Brush other side of chicken with remaining sauce.
- Grill chicken 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through, turning halfway through grilling. Baste with any remaining sauce.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Not sure how to cut up a whole chicken? Let Howard show you how it's done! Just click here: How To: Cut Up a Whole Chicken.
- While your grill is lit, try our Husky Roasted Corn which is the perfect accompaniment. Ah, there is nothing like summertime!
- Plus, if this is an adult-only get-together, we bet our Mojito Fruit Salad will be a hit. Just take it easy on the rum!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 513
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 2.3g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 69g 137 %
- Cholesterol 201mg 67 %
- Sodium 2,130mg 89 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 35g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have you ever thought of using your slow cooker to make baked ham? Well, it's about time you do. Our Slow-Cooked Orange Glazed Ham is an easy-to-follow recipe with superb results. Plus, your slow cooker does all the cooking, so you can go about fixin' up the rest of the meal with no worries.