We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
A traditional Kwanzaa dish, Jerk-Style Chicken is packed with flavor that your family is sure to celebrate all year long.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 tablespoon dried jerk seasoning
What to Do
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining ingredients, seal, and turn bag to coat evenly.
- Place in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken and onion in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; discard any remaining marinade.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.
For a great go-along, try our crunchy Kwanzaa Slaw.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 482
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 20g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 69g 139 %
- Cholesterol 201mg 67 %
- Sodium 2,306mg 96 %
- Total Carbohydrates 6.6g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 1.5g 0 %