Pesto Chicken Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This restaurant-worthy main dish fits perfectly as an easy weeknight dinner and also as a quick company meal. With its creamy pesto sauce made with readily available ingredients to coat the pasta and cooked chicken, we can serve it up proudly!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt, divded
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) container pesto sauce
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 7 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and set aside in the colander.
- In the same pot, heat the oil over high heat; add the chicken then sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the pesto, cream, and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and return the pasta to the pot, stirring until thoroughly combined. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until pasta is warmed through. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!