Sauteed Chicken in Lemon Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mama's good homestyle cookin' just got even better... this Sauteed Chicken in Lemon Sauce will become a ravin' family favorite.
What You'll Need
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1-1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
What to Do
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside, and keep warm. Wipe skillet with paper towels.
- Add vermouth, lemon rind, and lemon juice to skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Stir in whipping cream and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and the parsley.
You can grate the rind of lemons, oranges, or limes ahead and freeze. Just wrap the grated rind tightly in plastic wrap, and freeze. It's ready when you are. No need to thaw!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.