Second Street Chicken and Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When Mr. Food was growing up in Troy, New York, all the neighborhood kids would make a beeline to his kitchen door when they knew his mom was making this for his family.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (25 to 29 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) thin spaghetti, uncooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, onion, and garlic; cook until the chicken and onion are tender, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and no pink remains.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta to desired doneness; drain.
- Serve the sauce over the hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
When I was growing up, we used whichever chicken parts we happened to have. And back then we didn't use cheese on top, but it sure does make it sensational?
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 838
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 66g 131 %
- Cholesterol 145mg 48 %
- Sodium 1,360mg 57 %
- Total Carbohydrates 103g 34 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g 17 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!