We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sesame seeds are a part of so many of our favorite foods, from bagels and rolls, to salads and candies; so why not team them with chicken? We came up with a twist on one of our favorite Chinese takeout dishes and made it on the on the grill to highlight these flavor packed seeds. We think that our Sesame Chicken just might be one of the best homemade Chinese takeout recipes you've ever had.
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (see Tips)
- 1 scallion, sliced (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except sesame seeds and scallions. Brush chicken with sauce and grill 10 to 12 minutes or until no pink remains in center, turning halfway through cooking. Baste the chicken several times with the sauce throughout cooking. Make sure you stop basting the chicken 5 minutes before it’s done. That will prevent any cross-contamination between the sauce and the chicken.
- Remove chicken from grill and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
- To make your shopping a little easier, remember that sesame seeds are usually found in the spice section of the supermarket!
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
- Our Chicken Spareribs and Sensational Spring Rolls make the perfect combination for an easy dinner at home! But if you're in the mood for something lighter, try our Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad.