Shortcut Tandoori Chicken Skewers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
You won't need a special oven to cook up this popular Indian dish! Our recipe for Shortcut Tandoori Chicken Skewers has all of your favorite, traditional spices, which makes them a great party appetizer or anytime meal. (Wait till you try 'em with our yogurt-mint dipping sauce!)
What You'll Need
- 6 (6- to 8-inch) skewers
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
What to Do
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag; add marinade, seal, and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Divide chicken chunks evenly onto skewers; discard marinade.
- In a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until no pink remains.
- Try serving these chicken skewers with our Yogurt-Mint Dipping Sauce. It's easy...in a bowl, combine 1/2 cup grated cucumber, 1 cup plain yogurt, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- If you prefer, you can bake these in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until no pink remains.