Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've never been able to walk past the food court without sampling the flavorful chicken bourbon bites, then you're going to love this recipe for Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken. Juicy chicken thighs are slow cooked in a homemade bourbon sauce for hours, resulting in a tender, flavor-packed meal. It's better than anything you'll find at the food court!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk ketchup, brown sugar, honey, bourbon, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3-1/2 to 4 hours or on LOW 6 to 7-1/2 hours, or until chicken breaks apart easily. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred apart with a fork.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water, then whisk slowly into sauce until thickened.
- Add chicken and scallions to sauce; mix well and serve.
Serve over rice so you don't lose any of the saucy goodness.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)