Souped up Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food has traveled quite a bit and found that practically everyone has their own special chicken and rice dish. The secret to this one? It's "soup-er"!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup long- or whole-grain rice
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well then spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until rice is tender and no pink remains in chicken.
- For a little color and a whole lot of flavor, sometimes I sprinkle some shredded sharp Cheddar cheese over the top before serving.
- Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)