Special Roast Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to wait until you've got company coming over to serve this roasted chicken, but you will want to make it when they do come over. Our Special Roast Chicken has a flavorful marinade that makes it taste out-of-the-ordinary-good!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large reasealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic, and shallots. Add chicken to bag. Seal bag and place in refrigerator for 60 minutes to marinate. Remove chicken from bag, sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place in a baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, turn chicken pieces, and baste. Roast for another 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and skin is crispy.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!