The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Spicy Cornbread Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
This cornbread chicken recipe comes with an extra kick, so it's sure to be a hit at your next cookout. Try our Spicy Cornbread Chicken to get that classic Southern chicken taste you love, without all the work. This easy cornbread chicken recipe is one of a kind and is one you're sure to make again and again.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Nonstick cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the drumsticks; mix well. Dip the drumsticks into the buttermilk and then into the cornmeal mix, completely coating the drumsticks.
- Place in a single layer in a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until browned and the juices run clear.
- If you love easy chicken drumstick recipes like this one, you won't want to miss our full collection of 20+ Simple Chicken Drumstick Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Herb Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce
Instead of cooking ham or prime rib for Easter, why not try something new this year? Our Herb-Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce may look and sound fancy, but it's really easy to do. It's basically a rack of lamb that's coated with herbs and spices before it's roasted to perfection. Just before serving, it's finished off with a mint-wine reduction. The end result is an Easter-worthy main dish that'll impress everyone at the table.