Sweet and Saucy Roast Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Classic roasted chicken is great, but every once in a while we like to mix things up by introducing new flavors to the table. Our recipe for Sweet and Saucy Roast Chicken does just that! We just know you'll want to soak up every last bit of the unique and tasty sauce that goes on top.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup grape jelly
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the ketchup, jelly, mustard, raisins, and onion powder. Heat over low heat until the jelly is dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and cover with aluminum foil; bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 30 more minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
Go ahead and use your fingers to eat this! And, of course, don't be afraid to dip your chicken again and again to use up all the extra sauce...you wouldn't want to waste a drop.