The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
A "tandoor" is a hole dug in the ground, and then surrounded by hot coals to create an oven. One of the most well-known international chicken dishes was created in this type of Indian oven! Now you can make classic Tandoori Chicken too, but without all the traditional steps; just use your oven! Our Tandoori chicken recipe is an easy way to enjoy exotic flavors that will bring your normal chicken dinner some much needed spice.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 8 drops red food color
- 1 chicken (3- to 3-1/2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all the ingredients except the chicken in a medium-sized bowl; mix well. That's a lot of flavor in one easy sauce!
- Coat the chicken with the mixture and place on a baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the juices run clear and no pink remains.
That was easy, wasn't it? Now you're ready for a delicious and traditional Indian meal!
Check This Out!
- This amazing Tandoori Chicken recipe isn't the only Indian dinner recipe we have on our site! If you loved this, and want to explore more delicious dinner options, check out our Easy Butter Chicken!
- If you're an International food junkie, be sure to check out this free eCookbook! International Favorites: 6 Menus from Around the World
- Maybe you're in the mood for Chinese! If so, check out our collection: Easy Chinese Recipes: 41 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home!
Jan 09, 2011
You forgot to mention that it needs to be marinated at least 1 hour but best if overnight, also you can add some chopped up serrano peppers to marinade. Garnish and serve with lemon or orange wedges.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cake doesn't just look pretty, it tastes amazing too! Our Strawberry-Lemonade Cake is a great cake for the warmer months, when we crave lighter and brighter flavors. Plus, it starts out with a box of cake mix, so you know it's going to be easy. We're sure you're going to love it!