Tex-Mex Chicken Enchiladas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Head south of the border tonight for dinner with our Tex-Mex Chicken Enchiladas. This dish is loaded with authentic Mexican flavor and you don't even have to leave your house!
What You'll Need
- 2 (10-ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine enchilada sauce, cocoa powder, chili powder, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, 2 cups cheese, chipotle pepper, and 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture. Spoon chicken mixture down center of tortillas, distributing evenly; roll up.
- Pour 3/4 cup enchilada sauce mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish. Arrange enchiladas over sauce, seam-side down. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and go-alongs!
- Finish off this meal with a dessert that complements it. Put out our Creamy Spanish Flan and listen to all the raves!
- We've got even more tortilla recipes we know you'll love. Check out our collection of 18 Crazy Ways with Tortillas.
- If you're looking for more Mexican dinner recipes, be sure to check out our collection of Easy Mexican Casserole Recipes: 16 of the Best Mexican Casseroles.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Try your hand at making your own homemade candy with our recipe for Mini Almond Dream Bars. Just like the name implies, these 4-ingredient candy bars taste like a dream. You can make these any time, so you have them on-hand whenever you're craving a sweet treat!