Chicken & Veggie Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With March being Frozen Food Month, we thought it would be fun to share a recipe that was inspired by a handful of items we picked up after checking out all that the freezer aisle has to offer. And since all these items are cleaned, prepped, and ready-to-go, they allow us to have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. If you’re looking for something quick & tasty…this is it!
What You'll Need
- 1 (24-ounce) package frozen zucchini spirals
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen diced onions and peppers
- 3 cups (12 ounces) frozen, oven-roasted diced chicken
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
What to Do
- In a microwaveable bowl, heat zucchini spirals for 8 to 10 minutes or until thawed, drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in onions and peppers and cook for 4 minutes. Add chicken, tomatoes, garlic, salt, black pepper, and chicken broth; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tomatoes soften and start to burst.
- Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, the zucchini and basil; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .