Copycat P.F. Chang's Chicken Kung Pao
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Feel like great Chinese food, but don't want to go out? Try our Copycat P.F. Chang's Chicken Kung Pao. This is one of our favorite homemade Chinese takeout recipes and, since it's inspired by the flavors of the always popular chain restaurant, you know it's going to be good. So today, unwind by eating delicious Chinese takeout without the hassle of waiting for delivery!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 3/4 cup King Pao sauce
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 scallions, sliced
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot. Add chicken, salt, and black pepper and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in ginger and garlic and heat 1 minute; remove chicken to a bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet, sauté bell peppers and celery 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add chicken, King Pao sauce, and peanuts to skillet and heat 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in scallions and serve.
Check This Out!
- For more copycat recipes, try our Coffee Shop Cranberry Bars, our Copycat Tomato Soup, or our Creamy Croughnuts!
- Want more homemade Chinese takeout? Check out our collection of Takeout Dishes to Make at Home.
- We love chicken! You'll love our Roasted Garlic Chicken, our Southern Chicken and Waffles, and our Chicken Marsala for Two.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.