Black Bean Chicken Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A welcoming pot of our Black Bean Chicken Chili can be on your table even on a busy weeknight. Using lots of market shortcuts including a cooked rotisserie chicken, you'll never have to settle for fast food.
What You'll Need
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
- 2 (28-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups medium salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
What to Do
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add chicken and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered 30 to 35 minutes, stirring often.
- To serve, ladle chili into individual bowls. Top with shredded cheese, if desired.