Cheesy Cornbread & Chili Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chili and cornbread together at last! We've combined these two favorites in a casserole that is so good, no matter how full you are, you'll be saying "just one more bite!"
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute onion and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender. Add ground beef and brown 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains; drain off excess liquid. Add remaining ingredients except muffin mix and cheese; mix well. Cover and simmer over low heat 20 to 25 minutes, or until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon chili into prepared baking dish. Prepare muffin mix as directed on package; stir in cheese. Spread mixture over chili.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cornbread topping comes out clean. Cool slightly and serve.
If you like your chili spicier, simply add more chili powder!
- Check out our latest cookbook, Just One More Bite, filled with irresistible recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.