Chunky Beef and Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a chili that'll leave you feeling like you've been out on the range with the cowboys. So go to it, Pardner!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 pounds boneless beef chuck steak or roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 5 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) red kidney beans, drained
What to Do
Heat the oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat. Add meat and brown 8 to 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients except kidney beans; mix well.
Lock lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to medium and cook 16 minutes. Remove from heat and allow pressure to drop slowly until no longer escapes from vent pipe and pressure is completely reduced. Remove lid and stir in beans. Cook over medium-low heat, uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes, or until beans are heated through.
- Be sure to discard bay leaves before serving.
For real down-home chili, top this with some sour cream, chopped onions, or shredded cheese - or, better yet, all three!