Heat 'Em Up Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We know you've already got a favorite chili recipe, but most of them need to cook for hours and hours. So when you want to heat up your gang's taste buds in a hurry, this one'll be at the top of your list!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
What to Do
- Heat oil in a 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat. Brown beef, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes; drain off excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients except kidney beans; mix well. Lock lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to medium and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water until steam no longer escapes from vent pipe and pressure is completely reduced. Remove lid and stir in kidney beans; allow to sit 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 573
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 54 %
- Trans Fat 1.6g 0 %
- Protein 41g 82 %
- Cholesterol 116mg 39 %
- Sodium 1,497mg 62 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 12g 49 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %