Jack O' Lantern Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy-to-carve refrigerated pie crust bakes up frightfully flaky over our heartiest chili and beans recipe for an eyeball-popping Jack O' Lantern Chili they won't be able to wait to dig into!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust, from a 15-ounce package
What to Do
- In a 10- or 12-inch skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes; drain then return mixture to skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients except pie crust and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until chili is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place on ungreased baking sheet. Using a knife, carve a jack o' lantern face into crust (see photo).
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes, or until crust is light golden. Carefully place warm pie crust over chili mixture in skillet. Serve immediately.