My Tailgating Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The secret's out! Chili is one of Howard's favorite things. We can't blame him; a hot, savory, meaty way to enjoy the big game always sounds good to us. The recipe for My Tailgating Chili comes right from the kitchen of the big man himself, and now you get to make it at home for all your family and friends. "Tailgating" has never been so delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili beans, drained
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup beer
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and sausage 8 to 10 minutes or until browned, breaking apart with a spoon. Drain off excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine, then cover and simmer over low heat at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Check This Out!
- For more fun in the game day parking lot, check out our All-American Tailgate Menu!
- Every sports fan throwing a party needs our collection of Game Day Desserts, and our collection of Game Day Dips!
- Want more appetizers? Try our Crispy Honey Mustard Wings, our Dogs 'n' Hogs, or one of these fantastic Finger Foods for Game Day.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 395
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 7.7g 39 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 28g 56 %
- Cholesterol 74mg 25 %
- Sodium 1,293mg 54 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.9g 36 %
- Sugars 7.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.