Use Your Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This homemade chili with beans is a smart make-ahead meal to have ready when you know you're going to have a busy day coming up. Use Your Bean Chili will taste even better the next day when the flavors marry.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
What to Do
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Add some brown meat or sausage and it's a straight, fast chili. We sometimes use a little salt or garlic to give it a tang. If you have a favorite combination of beans, they'll work fine too.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Pull-Apart Cheese Bread is great for a movie night at home with some friends and family. That's 'cause this pull-apart bread is made with delicious and irresistible ingredients, like two kinds of melted cheese and yummy buttermilk biscuits. Just don't blame us if this recipe steals the show!