Veggie Packed Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Set it and go! Toss together this combination of prepared and fresh veggies and simmer the mixture 'til it becomes a thick and chunky vegetable chili. What could be easier or more satisfying?
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup salsa (see Note)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Ladle into bowls and serve.
In this dish, most of the kick comes from the salsa, so whichever intensity you use - from mild to hot - is your choice.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.