White Hat Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chili is a great all-in-one meal for nights when you don't feel like having a bunch of extra dinner dishes. This White Hat Chili recipe uses chicken rather than ground beef, but certainly doesn't lack in flavor - trust us!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (15- to 20-ounce) can white kidney beans (cannellini), drained
- 1 (15- to 19-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (17-ounce) whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 2 (4 ounces each) chopped mild green chilies
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) chicken broth or soup
- Hot pepper to taste
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat vegetable oil in a small skillet on medium heat. Saute onion, garlic and cumin in heated oil just until onion is soft.
- Combine onion mixture with chicken, beans, corn, chilies and broth in a 2-1/2 quart casserole and bake, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked.
- Before serving chili, stir in hot pepper sauce to taste. Serve over cooked rice.
You can use 1/4 cup of picante sauce instead of the chiles, or prepare a packaged soup mix and use instead of canned if you prefer.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 282
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 18g 35 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 843mg 35 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.4g 34 %
- Sugars 4.6g 0 %