We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When it comes to warmer weather, there's a few things we automatically think of. If lemonade isn't one of the first drinks that come to mind, it will be after you try this recipe! One sip of this fresh-squeezed lemonade and you'll know exactly why our Country Lemonade is a top choice for backyard barbecues and weekend potlucks! Trust us, it won't be a recipe you soon forget.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (see Notes)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
What to Do
- In a pitcher, combine the sugar and hot water, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add cold water, lemon juice, and lemon slices; mix well.
- Serve, or chill until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Depending on the size, 4 to 5 lemons should produce about 1/2 cup fresh juice. When you're ready to serve this, bring out a big glass pitcher and serve it over ice, garnished with additional lemon slices and some fresh mint leaves.
- Lemonade doesn't have to be just lemons! For a change-of-pace try our Fizzy Raspberry Lemonade, our Fresh Watermelon Lemonade, and for a childhood favorite, try our Blueberry Lemonade!
- For a sweet treat that's sure to beat the heat, try our Blueberry and Orange Parfaits and, add a little sunshine to your day with our Orange Cream Poke Cake!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!